Saturday 31 August 2013

MERDEKA!!!!!!! Favourite 20 Malaysian Songs!

So, as a kid, every 31st of August was a big day for me. I would get ready for 12 o'clock to wish Malaysia (and everyone) Happy Merdeka. As silly as that sounds, I really liked the fact that we actually celebrated our country's freedom and it really amazed me. I remember watching the parade and wanting to be somewhat a part of it. You can imagine as time goes on how that spirit died. Nevertheless, we are celebrating our 56th year of independence and as a tribute, I'm going to do what I do best, making a list of my favourite songs. Oh, just so you know, since I was born till right up to 2007 I was a hardcore listener to Malaysian songs due to my mum and basically my family's interest in Malay songs. Sadly, I feel there was a huge decline in quality to Malaysian music ever since 2007. Anyway, here is my 20 favourites. Happy Merdeka!!!






1. Alhamdullilah by Too Phat feat Yasin
2. Fantasia Bulan Madu by Search
3. Isabella by Search
4. Gerimis Mengundang by Slam
5. Marabahaya by Pop Shuvit
6. Butakah Cinta by Spring
7. Suci Dalam Debu by Iklim
8. Kongsi by Joe Flizzow
9. Keroncong Untuk Ana by M. Nasir
10. Mungkin by Anuar Zain
11. Jangan Lafazkan by KRU
12. Situasi by Bunkface
13. Tekad by Hazami
14. Operator The Line Is Dead by Jason Lo
15. Rahsia Pohon Cemara by Mamat
16. Tiada Lagi Kidungmu by Lefthanded
17. Merpati Putih by OAG
18. Memori Cinta Luka by Nassier Wahab
19. Dekat Padamu by Yusry
20. Kian by Mawi

No comments:

Post a Comment